Fotos

Photographer's Note

Church of St. Peter - Scoppio - Acquasparta
The church, inside the walls of a country long since deserted named Scoppio, is dedicated to St. Peter.
The church occupies a summit dominating the ditch of the skein, is located near the entrance gate of the fortified town, near which stood a tall tower, which was later reduced in height. It rests on a podium made up of the defensive walls, which at present it is possible to see some parts of the '300 and' 400. In the basement of the temple there was a walled stone, stolen by now, that seems to have caused the inscription of the date of the founding of the church.
The simple front ends to crown floor and the portal architrave rests on two molded shelves. The massive bell tower with two arches, devoid of bells, is situated to the east of the building in line with the semicircular apse. Right at the base of the arch, a stone of the wall, is engraved the date 1565. The interior has a single nave, consists of a barrel vault marked by an arch diaphragm that separates the hall of the presbytery. The time frame is devoid of horizontal tax: this feature allows to assume that the church was founded before the twelfth century.
The floor is made of large slabs of local stone square where there are several openings tomb no longer closed after the restoration. The presbytery is slightly raised by a step.
In the niche of the right wall opposite the entrance depicts the Virgin and Child with two angels holding a crown and flanked by two saints, in which the Child Jesus with his left hand holding the veil of the Mother as to support themselves and with the right two crowns SS Mysteries. To the right of the Virgin is St. Just. On the opposite side it is portrayed Saint Lucia with the usual saucer with the eyeballs. Above the Virgin, two angels crowning the Queen of Heaven. The work is attributed to the painter Spoleto Piermatteo Piergili.
To the right of the triumphal arch is visible the figure of Saint Lucia, dated 1423, on top of the fresco was written, reported by Ceccaroni and now lost, Dominus Petrus mThe ... / DE SPOLETO PINXIT, certifying the work of Piermatteo Piergili in the church; on the opposite side, which is also now lost, there was the image of the Archangel Michael slaying the dragon.
On the left side of the apse, above the drapery, a written 4 June 1576 WARMTH Fabii PHILIPPI ET HOC SACELLU DEPIGNI FECERUT SUTIBUS OPER A DNI MDLXVI DE MONTH Junius, date probably the lateral decoration and the ceiling frescoes, where are represented the Four Evangelists and the Eternal Blessing. Above the altar dedicated to St. Michael the Archangel was written, reported by Ceccaroni sumptibus ECCLESIAE TEMPORE DOMINICI VALERY RECTORIS / DE VILLA PRAETARIARIUM ARQUATAE - ADM D CCLIV, now no longer legible. Remarkable frescoes that completely cover the apse, all of the middle of the fifteenth century in the basin, a Resurrection very fragmented; in the semi-dome, now almost completely illegible San Bernardino of Siena, Virgin and Child, St. Sebastian, San Gregorio, San Rocco, a Holy Bishop and a Saint Orans.
Under the frescoes of the semi-dome, right, he emerged at times a fresco of the fifteenth century, is no longer visible, perhaps representing San Michele Arcangelo.
Over the apse is carved a Templar cross.
On the back wall Crucifixion with Christ on the Cross between the Virgin and St. John the Evangelist, fresco probably attributable to the late sixteenth century. Falling plaster did emerge on the left a delicate Madonna del Latte and right a San Fortunato dated 1536.
The state of neglect of the church and the continuing falling of plaster have resulted in the loss of a large part of its noteworthy frescoes that characterized the church in the past, if nothing is done in a short time that remains will also be lost.
On the ground floor next to the church there was a small cemetery where, until a few years ago, we saw emerge human bones.

papagolf21, ikeharel, snunney, rychem, cornejo, pierrefonds, adores marcou esta nota como útil

Photo Information
  • Copyright: Silvio Sorcini (Silvio1953) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 16647 W: 130 N: 34388] (191323)
  • Genre: Lugares
  • Medium: Cor
  • Date Taken: 2015-12-05
  • Categories: Natureza, Arquitectura
  • Exposição: f/9.0, 1/320 segundos
  • More Photo Info: view
  • Versão da Foto: Versão Original
  • Date Submitted: 2015-12-06 0:26
Viewed: 1453
Points: 34
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Silvio Sorcini (Silvio1953) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 16647 W: 130 N: 34388] (191323)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH