Fotos

Photographer's Note

Casteldelmonte is a village of about 40 inhabitants, in the municipality of Acquasparta (TR).rnIt is located at a distance of 6 km from Acquasparta towards Spoleto, near the crossing and enjoys a wide view (642 m s.l.m.) of Acquasparta and the Naia river valley, which runs towards Todi.rnThe village is surrounded by numerous forests and ancient chestnut trees, is located on the sides of the basin generated by the sinkhole Tifene.rnIt was a house of considerable importance, being in a strategic position between Todi and Spoleto, virtually on the pass, and was long contested between these two cities. He was finally subdued in Todi, whose towns insignia, the eagle emblem, still lie on the door of the little old town tower. In the fifteenth century, it took its present shape.rnInside the castle you can see substantial remains of medieval defensive architectural structures belonging to the system, including a mighty cylindrical tower at the center of which opens the old door of the castle, it is surmounted by a stone coat of arms of the city of Todi . The Municipality of Acquasparta, in the 60s, he made a porch along the ancient walls, on the south side; intervention with unacceptable today's criteria, however, has delimited a very pleasant square and cozy, with its soft colors and soothing.rnOn the opposite side of the square, in the same period, it was achieved on the building of the Youth Hostel realized, starting from 1936, as a Holiday Camp for children and youth.rnThe parish church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist; placed outside the castle walls, replacing the old Romanesque church, which was traced back to the thirteenth-fourteenth century and probably stood within the walls.rnIt was built in the year 1678, at the expense of the curate Tarquinio by Conte, who died the year before, not it houses testimonies of particular interest.rnInside there are three altars: the high altar dedicated to St. John the Baptist which says, in an inventory of 1774, be was a framework in which they were portrayed St. John the Baptist, St. Anthony of Padua and St. Barbara; The second altar is dedicated to Our Lady; the third altar is dedicated to St. Joseph and representative his "transit", with Jesus and Mary assistants.rnThe church has been the object, in the second half of the twentieth century very significant interventions.rnThe first came in 1956 with the restoration, renovation and expansion. He was taken off the ceiling made with cane and on it was painted Santa Barbara with his feet Casteldelmonte of the country, making the wooden truss visible. He was also knocked down the bell tower which was located on the left side and built a new one on the right side in the form as it is this day.rnIn 1988 came the second operation with a new roof and adaptation to liturgical norms desired by the Second Vatican Council. In December 1998 it was completed renovation and painting.

Photo Information
  • Copyright: Silvio Sorcini (Silvio1953) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 16403 W: 130 N: 33906] (189357)
  • Genre: Lugares
  • Medium: Cor
  • Date Taken: 2016-09-17
  • Categories: Arquitectura
  • Exposição: f/0.2, 1/74 segundos
  • Versão da Foto: Versão Original
  • Date Submitted: 2016-09-18 0:43
Viewed: 874
Points: 34
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Silvio Sorcini (Silvio1953) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 16403 W: 130 N: 33906] (189357)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH