Photographer's Note

Near the Hrádek village, the Hrádek u Nechanic Castle was built between 1839 and 1857 on so-called Lubenský hill. It was built as a prestige summer residence of the county family of Harrach by František Arnošt, the count of Harrach, an important representative of the Jilemnice family line. A project in the romantic Windsor gothic style by Edward Buckton Lamb (1805 - 1869) was used as a model for the construction of the castle. A young Austrian architect Karl Fischer (1817 - 1856) was in charge of the construction. He adapted the plans and designed the decoration of the castle interiors. Apart from this equipment, made mainly by local craftsmen, a number of antiques mainly from Italy and Austria were transported to the castle. These often included entire altars, ceilings or complete furnishings of the rooms. Along with the construction of the castle, a part of the surrounding woods was turned into an English park (18 hectares) while in the other part a game preserve and pheasantry was established (200 hectares)...

More info: Hrádek u Nechanic Castle,,

Nobody marcou esta nota como útil

Photo Information
Viewed: 2736
Points: 0
  • None
Additional Photos by Jan Bartos (JanBartos) Silver Note Writer [C: 0 W: 0 N: 29] (161)
View More Pictures