Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great PaulVDV 2019-07-14 2:01

Hello Beverley,
There are still examples in Europe where the name 'new' is used for a construction that is centuries old. The word 'new' then lets us know that there is even older.
Built in beautiful natural stone and presented from a good angle including the waterplants.
The pub fits well in the surroundings of this bridge. Its stone colour is the same.
I learned a new expression in English: alfresco dining. The word makes the meaning immediately clear but I had not heard it before. My English lessons are dating more than 46 years ago and I've forgotten most of it.
Best regards, Paul

Old 07-14-2019, 09:38 AM
TE Expert

Talking To PaulVDV: English

Thank you for your warm critique, Paul.
46 years makes no difference! Your English is superb!

Some people think my Italian is good!
I have never ever had a lesson in Italian in my life but I do sometimes use the Google translator!

Have a lovely Sunday,
Bev
Old 07-14-2019, 08:06 PM
TE Expert

Hi Beverley,

I've noticed that you write in Italian.
It's impossible for me to judge if it's good or not. I never had one lesson Italian.
To me it seems much more difficult than Spanish ...
Perhaps because I've had more experiences with Spanish speaking countries than with Italy.

You must have a minimum knowledge of the language in order to use google translator, I think.
Sometimes when I'm looking for a word or an expression in google translator in a language that I've studied (as French and English) I get totally wrong translations. It only works well if you search for a specific word and even then you cannot be sure.
Translating a whole sentence almost always gives a bad translation.

My compliments that Italians do find your language a success.

Best wishes,
Paul

Last edited by PaulVDV; 07-14-2019 at 08:09 PM.