To tyro: Medieval Experience - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2019-03-10 6:04

Hello Bev,

Gosh, how wonderful that Mrs. Robinson should post a photograph of such a remarkable Heath Robinson contraption as this!! :)

I just love how some clever and inventive individual has used parts of an old bicycle to provide quite a sophisticated reduction gearing to rotate that spit slowly with the aid of an old relatively high speed electric motor (which was probably stolen from an old washing machine).

I admire the ingenuity of the inventor who obviously thought this contraption would save him/her from the dreadful work of a mediaeval "spit boy"!

Very well seen and captured with good light, natural colours and excellent clarity.

Wonderful!

Kind Regards,

John.

P.S. That roasting meat looks delicious - did you sample it?

Old 03-10-2019, 01:13 PM
TE Expert

Talking To tyro: Medieval Experience

Thank you for your thoughtful critique, John.
Do you need to ask about the food ... when in a Medieval Village!!

The whole experience was quite remarkable.
The whole village had put on such a display! You can imagine, it was a popular destination!

Have a good day,
Bev
I see you responded to my FB picture!! It is no longer snowing ... but the hailstones are huge!
What's the weather like in Scotland?
Old 03-10-2019, 02:06 PM
TE Expert

Default Snow, rain and sleet.....

Hi Bev,

Thank you for your reply!

This morning in Lanark the weather as just as you showed in your FB pictures - some moderate to quite heavy snow - but it melted away pretty quickly. Then light rain and now a mixture of light rain and snow. Thankfully none of the snow is lying but it might do if it gets colder tonight. But so far no hailstones!

Kind Regards,

John.