To holmertz: Who was this - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2017-01-11 2:44

Hello Kasia,
If you were really on TE to earn many points, you should have chosen the bright WS of the salesmen reading their newspapers as the main upload. The colours make it a very eye-catching photo, and personally I like to watch the men reading the sports pages, or hopefully a well researched story about politics and/or corruption.
But I understand that you opted for this one instead. It is a technically more advanced photo and probably one that will stay in peoples' memory longer. I like very much the silhouette of the person walking in flipflops in the cold morning, his long shadow and the reflected light from the car. So who was this person? A woman, a monk or (my guess) an ordinary man carefully wrapped up in the December darkness?
Kind regards,
Gert
PS it's interesting to see they no longer use the buses from the early 70's. ;-)

Old 01-11-2017, 06:18 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To holmertz: Who was this

Thank your for your kind comments Gert!
My diary notes say "monk crossing the road" but it was ever so dark and difficult to tell. It could have been an elderly lady. Probably not a man, as these days they all wear western-style trousers (alas...).
There are two types of buses in Nepal: "tourist class" (the ones you can see in the WS photo) to lug tourists around and the old-falling-into-bits ones the locals and likes of me travel on, the kind we used to call a "cucumber" in Poland in 70's (which I'll post at some point later).
I also like the photo of men reading newspapers a lot. I always find it fascinating how Nepali people are interested in politics and current events.
Have a nice evening
Kasia