Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2015-07-03 3:53

Hello Bulent,

An interesting question - who could this be? Bach or Buxtehude? The dress of the man does not really seem to resemble that in any portraits of J.S. Bach which I have seen and, as far as I know, only one portrait of Buxtehude exists. So my money would probably have to be on Buxtehude!

Be that as it may, this is a delightful and beautiful candid photograph of this elegant "statue" as he smiles benevolently upon the little girl with golden hair passing before him, the colour of her hair nicely matching the trimmings of his coat.

A very finely composed photograph with lovely light and colours, perfect exposure and exquisite details and sharpness.

Beautiful!

Kind Regards,

John.

P.S. But are you not underestimating Bach's stoicism and stamina? I had always believed that the young Bach had actually walked all the way from Arnstadt to LŁbeck, a distance in excess of 400 kilometres or 250 miles. But perhaps historians have exaggerated the facts.

Old 07-03-2015, 12:30 PM
TE Expert

Default To tyro: Bach or Buxtehude

John,

Thank you for the informative and entertaining comment. Bach, I believe, was rotund... as is the statue of this ghost. My vote is for him.

Bulent