To photographer_sg: Workshop - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great photographer_sg 2014-08-23 2:07

Hello Will
Fine composition with a charming situation displayed with excellent sharpness and details. I like the black and white treatment too with lovely shades of grey. Excellent presentation and thanks for sharing it.

best regards
have a nice weekend.
Satya

PS: I liked your workshop on the beach shot and though it slightly limited the tonal range of the picture, it did achieve the important objective of enhancing clarity. Since I find shooting in low light difficult with the camera I presently have (Fuji X10), such PP work coming from a photographer of your calibre and experience is really helpful and I thank you for taking the pains and sparing the time. Any suggestions on which software is suitable at entry level?

Old 08-24-2014, 08:11 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To photographer_sg: Workshop

Hi Satya

Glad you didn't mind the workshop! But I don't know what you mean about slightly limiting the tonal range. By forcing the highlights to be white (and checking the darkest tones too) I've in fact increased the tonal range - right up to 255, or thereabouts! Have a look at the Levels histogram.

Regarding appropriate entry level software, I would suggest Photoshop Elements. It's pretty powerful, reasonably intuitive, and a lot cheaper than the fully spec'ed Photoshop!

Regards

Will
Old 08-25-2014, 02:35 PM
TE Newbie

Default Tonal range

Hi Will
Maybe tonal range was not the correct technical term .
What I meant was that the blue (cooler colour / tone) was replaced by warmer colours.
Perhaps I should have said colour variety?
Thanks for your suggestion of PS Elements. Others have suggested it too.
Best regards
Satya