To macjake: Twins - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great macjake 2011-04-03 13:47

Hi Lisa
are you sure you didn't take this photo in Vancouver? this art gallery looks eerily similar to ours here!
and i'm also seeing a pattern from you..you often don't have your tripod with you! :)
being handheld, this is pretty impressive. love to seeing it with the tripod too. beautiful architecture, well detailed in the dark lighting.
nice one
see you around
craig

Old 04-03-2011, 11:25 PM
TE Expert

Smile To macjake: Twins

HI Craig

Yeah I've had a look at your Art Gallery, they are really similar. The difference is that the one in Vancouver seems much bigger and grander and is made of white stone. The one in Sydney is made of sandstone so is a yellowish colour and is quite small compared to other Galleries I've seen. It's so weird to see your Gallery surrounded by all these modern buildings too, when it's so classical and historic. Ahh one day I'll get to your city and check it out myself. But if you ever get the urge to take a few photos of this amazing building (the internal looks fantastic too) that'd be great! No pressure...just a suggestion

Have a good evening
Lisa
Old 04-04-2011, 04:56 AM
TE Expert

Default art gallery

hey Lisa
i probably have about 100 shots in my head that i want to take, but never get around to it.
the art gallery downtown is one of them. just havn't chosen the best POV yet, and the large crowds down there get my agitated! lol
as you probably know, i'm NOT a lover of having people in my shots, and the Art gallery is probably in the most busiest areas of Van...right in the heart of the business/financial district.
i'll get to it one day though...and i'm aslo wanting an indoor shot of a small child looking up at/standing infront of a large painting...that sounds like a neat shot.
anyways...back to work
gotta go
hope your weekend wasn't too alcoholic!
cheers
craig
Old 04-04-2011, 07:00 AM
TE Expert

Smile On The Bandwagon

Hi Craig

Is Downtown too far from you for an early morning shot? I know you're an early bird so this could be the challenge. I was impressed that Andre (Inasia) even managed to take the Trevi Fountain with no crowds. He had to get up fairly early to do it though. So I'm throwing down the gauntlet and challenging you to give us a photo of the Art Gallery of Vancouver!

And as for an alcoholic weekend, I was actually a good girl, no grog despite being at a christening with an open bar...FREE DRINK! All that good work will change tomorrow of course as I'm meeting the Wallmeister for lunch

I may be absent from TE for a while as I recover

Working? It must be midnight over there by now! Keeps you out of trouble I suppose. hahahaha

Cheers
Lisa