To Floydian: Sitting on my office chair ... - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Floydian 2009-03-31 2:10

Baba ;-)

How are you....fine i hope and finally ready for Spring after all these snow.
Funny, i've have been two times to Kodachrome Basin, but never saw it like this. Maybe it was too focussed on those chimney rocks that i missed this. Maybe i would relate this more to the Goblin valley with these mushroom shapes and cones. But on the other hand it's nice that you bring up something different than the normal pov from that tiny but beautiful park.

Have a great day,

Henk

Old 03-31-2009, 09:38 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To Floydian: Sitting on my office chair ...

I am still sitting on my office chair - as ever - all these weeks through when you were away ... LOL. But I had some good times too of course but now I am really READY for a good load of sunshine (still greyish when I look outside ...).

Yeah it has something reminding me of Goblin but Goblin's stone is more brownish when I look at my pictures but I also had bad weather at Goblin's so I am not really sure how it looks with full sunshine. I have some chimney rocks material but not really nice enough to upload it, somehow a little washed out. When the light was right I had a sand storm going through so I left the camera in the car instead. So it goes, sand at Kodachrome, rain at Goblin ... wonder what comes next ... LOL.

It is great to have you back ... I am looking forward to your next uploads. NZ seems like a wonderful place to discover but a long long ride on a big big airplane.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:59 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To Floydian: Sitting on my office chair ...

Good to see that most people just keep on working while others explore the planet ;-)

You are right, most Goblin photo's i've seen (never been there myself) were taken at low light, mostly at sunset, that explains the deep red, but it has indeed a more brownish toning during the day.

NZ is indeed wonderful, you also would like it there. After all these weeks seeing great places, meeting extreme friendly people there was only downsize....it's too far away from everything....the end of the world. 24 hour flight is not something that you do for fun, at least not in the Economy class ;-)
If it was only a 10 hour flight i would go often, that's for sure.

Have a nice day,

Henk