Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great PJE 2009-03-15 10:10

Good morning Jose. I think its one thing to see a beach like this in your photo gallery, and quite another to actually be there. A very attractive beach shoreline indeed. And only two people on the beach. Very nice photo Jose.
On a side note I noticed you listed your EFS 18-55 lens with (error 99). I laughed when I saw that listed...been there done that. I like your survival kit listing and was wondering whether you have the desire to upgrade to the Mark II or would be happy with the 40D or 50D?
Thanks for sharing.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:12 AM
TE Expert

Default To PJE: upgrade

Hi Paul!
Yes, I am looking forward to upgrade to something like 40D, 50D, or maybe the next future in this category. I think we are everybody always looking for any upgrade, since technology is very fast. The Marks are maybe too much for my money and for my use. Of course... who doesnīt love to have it? The EFS 18-55 is... well, anywere in the trunk. Its why I bought two better glasses first, and kept dreaming with that future upgrade. I am also dreaming with the 100-400mm, to left my 70-300 Tamron, maybe before the 50D. What about your plans? Mark II or 50D?
All the best!
Old 03-16-2009, 05:57 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To PJE: upgrade

Hello Jose. I am not certain whether the 40D or 50D is much of an upgrade from the 400Xti, unless I was simply looking for more features etc. I am looking now for lens that will eventually fit the full size sensor DSLR. That is a smart decision. That was one reason why I did get the Canon L 100-400 glass and I would highly recommend it. That zoom lens is unbelievable to say the least. The other lens I am looking for is a 100mm macro lens for spring floral photos. The 400 Xti and 40D size sensors still have lots of resolution detail for most large blowup photos. I just blew up a 36 by 24 canvas wall mount photo and it looks incredible. The way I see it the main reason for getting the Mark II is the ability to shoot in low light situations. I was at an aquarium this weekend and a high resolution sensor with 1600 ISO would have been very handy...and those are my ramblings....
Thanks for stopping by..
Old 03-16-2009, 03:26 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To PJE: upgrade

Yes, I really understand what you mean, Paul. I bought my 24-70L thinking about quality. But the Mark II is too much expensive for us in Brazil, so I have maybe a larger delay to get there, thinking about anything cheaper, between my Xti and the Mark II. I am quite fine for a while, but when the technology changes so fast, we know that we will need an upgrade soon. I really donīt think about this 50D, just because I am ok now. But, maybe the next generation could tease me. I will be waiting, and really thinking about the 100-400. Thank you for your information about it. I love to shot birds, to crop and compress landscapes, so this lens is really something to seriously thing about. It would be great to shot 1600 ISO one day, but its not for now. I will need maybe I to step for something like 60D or 70D before...
Thank you!
Old 03-16-2009, 10:36 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To PJE: upgrade discourse Continues

Hello Jose
When I saw the release of the 50D and checked out the full review on dpreview.com I had hopes that it would have better resolution than the 40D. Cramming an extra 5 million pixels into the same size sensor that the 40D ( and Xti 400D ) there is little difference worth the purchase.
I for one will be interested to see what Canon does with the sensor size with the following upgrades...ie..60D 70D etc. I feel the pixel cram it all in factor has reached a saturation point. What Canon will be doing to attract buyers their way will be interesting. I think that full size sensors are soon going to be the norm and more affordable as well. That seems to be the trend as I see it.
Thanks

Have a good day.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:58 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To PJE: upgrade discourse Continues

Hi Paul!
I see it just like you, and for a while I am happy with my Xti, just waiting for anything that tease me more than 50D. It is becoming difficult to have something interesting between the full size sensors and our basic Xti. Lets wait a little bit more, wishing a real upgrade, maybe to 60D or 70D. Thanks to Nikon and the others, Canon is working hard to launch it better and better... ;-D
Take care!
Zeca