To AnimeshRay: Animesh hi! - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great AnimeshRay 2007-09-09 9:51

WOW! Man, this is outstanding!! Previously your night photos had a preponderance of blue. It seems you have now transitioned to your 'red' period...the red here is out of this world...what kind of camera/film/digital are you using now? Looks like your book has to wait a few more from this period.
A favorite!

Old 09-10-2007, 05:14 AM
TE Expert

Default To AnimeshRay: Animesh hi!

it is M8 with 35 summilux this one. iso is 2500. noisy but still usable i think.

Thanks!
take care.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:12 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To AnimeshRay: Animesh hi!

What was the exposure? Did you actually need 3200? Perhaps 1600 could have been ok because it is possible to hand-hold a M6 up to 1/8 sec, definitely 1/16??
Old 09-10-2007, 06:15 PM
TE Expert

I would be interested in a side by side comparison of your M8 with the Summilux and your Canon 5D under the same tough conditions. I have a feeling that the warm tones are due to the lens more than the sensor characteristics, true?
Old 09-11-2007, 05:34 AM
TE Expert

sorry i remember wrong; i looked at its exif again: it was 1.250 Iso at 1/8 sec. this surprised me a bit too because i had good shots with 1.250 before, (ie. less noisy). This means my shot was too underexposed. 2500 with a 1/16 was probably a better option i think.. (In M8, you have to pinpoint the exposure as of 640 Iso and above. if exposure is right, noise is not a problem mostly).
Old 09-11-2007, 05:42 AM
TE Expert

yes, would be interesting to make direct comparisions Animesh.. summilux is just one amazing lens which fascinates me every day. but I prefer my 5d with 35mm. in low light honestly, its much easier for me, and my 35L canon is pretty good lens too, even at wide open.

tc.