To SophieL: Thank you for the WS - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great SophieL 2006-09-04 14:24

Hello, interesting note as always, I like how you tell a lot about your country in your picture, it's almost as I was travelling there with you, very enjoyable! Disappearing sand dunes are a problem everywhere, it seems, in France it is the same.

I'm a bit puzzled by your composition though, there is a lot of empty places, it bothered me at first. But then I figured that this empty sand is just waiting for me, I can sit there and watch the sea. I downloaded your image to try another composition, wasn't really happy with the outcome, but I'll show you anyway, tell me what you think.

Old 09-05-2006, 05:17 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To SophieL: Thank you for the WS

Hi Sophie, I was trying lots of different 'artistic' shots here and I think I should have posted the landscape style image!! The wind was blowing from behind me and the sand was blowing up too. I was trying to catch the posts and ropes as they went around the corner.
Your WS is ok, thank you, and yes, I can certainly see the blue tint in mine comparing it to your WS. I also did some in B&W and was unsure about them as I've never really tried B&W before.
It was a fun day out with a friend (Dawn on TL) and we took heaps of photos, but only a few will make it onto the Trek sites!!
Thank you for your interest,
Cheers
Janice