To mikee: Cathedral, Sibiu - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great mikee 2005-07-09 3:24

I really like the cluster of architectural elements and styles in the warm sunset light. Although historically, the presence of that church is wrong, it doesn't look all that bad. You have even managed to get a blue sky and some of the lower mountains in the background. Great work. If you don't mind me asking, where did you take this photo from?

mike

Old 07-08-2005, 07:28 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To mikee: Cathedral, Sibiu

Actually, I took this from a top floor window in the Imperatul Romanilor hotel. Splashed out for a nice hotel one day since it was right in the center of the old city (although it was only about $70 US).

We got in late and I didn't know about the view until I poked out through the curtains the next morning. Agree that it's not the same architectural style, but it really glowed in that light.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:17 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To mikee: Cathedral, Sibiu

He, he :) I knew it must be, from the PofV.
$70... oh, that's-a spicy meat-a ball-a!! for Ro standards.
That hotel is really old, but before this century it used to be a big medieval house, until the present building was erected. The "Römischer König" it was called, if I remeber right.