Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great kajenn 2004-03-23 22:46

This is a beautiful shot, Paul. From below to really accentuate the powerful building. The different styles are well shown and explained in your magnificent note. I like the "tudorian" tower (yes, I like towers!) and also the reflections you've catched in the windows. Nicely sharp, good exposure and splendid sky! The vegetation is kept apart here, so we're able to see the mansion in it's full glory.

I'll try a workshop to strighten the vertical lines (as suggested by Rinie H.), but I'm afraid that will take some of the powerful appearance away. We'll see.

I looked at your two shots of the Powerhouse and coulden't come up with any suggestions for improvement, so I didn't comment on them. I found the vegetation too disturbing there and "cut the trees and bushes" isn't exactly constuctive critique... ;o)!

Old 03-25-2004, 01:45 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To kajenn: Workshop and Comment

Hello Kaj

Thanks for the comment and workshop. In fact it works very nicely. I toyed with correcting the perspective but I think I was too intent on creating perfectly vertical lines that I scrapped it. But as you said the eye compensates, too, so it looks natural as you did it.

I'll reply to the control towers here too since I am in this window now. Those are impressive towers in Stockholm and Oslo. Its nice to see good design coming back into play in such utilitarian structures. Explaining how the height and such are related really is impressive, too. Airports may look expansive and haphazard but I see they are really highly integrated and carefully executed designs.

Thanks again for the comment and workshop, especially.

Paul