Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Announcements

Notices

Old 11-15-2014, 07:23 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Porteplume

Hi Jose,

For the first part of your question, I may help you.
First I never ignore a "report problem" but sometimes I am away... Or there is a problem with contacting us. But I read this forum as often as possible, so... If you want some locations be changed please go on...

For the second part, this is something for IB tech team and Paul O'Brien will certainly take care of answering your suggestions.

Amicalement - Viviane
Old 11-16-2014, 03:35 AM
TE Expert

Bonsoir Viviane,

Thank you for your quick reply. Perhaps my ignored reports were from some years ago (I was absent for 5 years ). I am happy that that doesn't happen any more.

What do you mean by "For the first part of your question, I may help you"? You mean that there is a kind of permission or available tool to certain users that allow those operations and you or someone will give me that? Or do you mean that you or someone else will process any request that I make? If the answer is the latter, although it is better than nothing it is far from practical, as it requires us both far more trouble than if I made the corrections directly by myself.

I am glad that someone will take care of the corrections on the subdivisions of Morocco.

Amicalement, Josť.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porteplume View Post
Hi Jose,

For the first part of your question, I may help you.
First I never ignore a "report problem" but sometimes I am away... Or there is a problem with contacting us. But I read this forum as often as possible, so... If you want some locations be changed please go on...

For the second part, this is something for IB tech team and Paul O'Brien will certainly take care of answering your suggestions.

Amicalement - Viviane
Old 11-16-2014, 08:07 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Wrong locations

Here are some more:

http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Eur...oto1467168.htm

Lysekil is in Bohuslšn

http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Eur...oto1459822.htm

Kungšlv is in Bohuslšn

http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Eur...oto1474927.htm

Lund is is Scania

http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Eur...oto1474817.htm

MalmŲ is in Scania

Kind regards
Gunnar
Old 11-16-2014, 08:12 AM

Thank you Gunnar, I will take care of this today...

Greetings,

Viviane

PS: it has been done, thank you for the feedback...

Last edited by Porteplume; 11-16-2014 at 08:21 AM.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stego View Post
If the answer is the latter, although it is better than nothing it is far from practical, as it requires us both far more trouble than if I made the corrections directly by myself.
Bonjour Josť,

I understand that... I have made such corrections by sending whole lists to Adam for at least a whole year before he gave me the right tools... 10 years ago!

I suggest you send me just one whole corrected list of one single location and then I will see that you may get the tools...

Which countries are you able to correct?

Viviane
Old 08-28-2015, 12:52 PM
TE Expert

Hi Viviane,
I have just watched the picture from Kosovo by ChrisJ. Indeed although this country has been recognized by most countries in the western world it is still listed under Serbia. Holmertz pointed out the South Sudan still does not exist as a separate country neither.
Obviously different countries have different opinions but what should decide about the country appearing as independent?
Just curious,
M

International recognition of Kosovo
Spain is the only major country in Western Europe that has not recognised Kosovo, originally because of objections to the legality of its unilateral declaration of independence under international law, and also due to concerns about possible implications regarding its own issues with independence movements in the Basque Country and Catalonia. Although it has given indications that its stance may change, increasing political tensions in Catalonia under the Government of Artur Mas makes it unlikely that Spain will soften its current position.

Last edited by mkamionka; 08-28-2015 at 01:00 PM.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:24 PM
TE Senior Member

Default unable to upload

wrong place

Last edited by pierrefonds; 09-16-2015 at 12:59 PM. Reason: delete
Old 09-16-2015, 10:49 PM
TE Expert

Default Kosovo, not Serbia

Hi Viviane.

Just curious why there was no reply to the enquiry as to why Kosovo, (which is recognised as a separate country by 108/196 countries worldwide, 23/28 EU members), is still being listed as part of Serbia? They use Euro not Dinar, have their own flag, culture, government and language (92% Albanian, not Serb), and won't be reverting back willingly to former Republic of Yugoslavia any time soon, especially after the way the Serbs treated them in the 1990's. Is TE afraid of Spain, Slovakia, Cyprus, Romania, Greece and Russia? The UN (United Nations) has also recognised Kosovo as an independent country.

From Wikipedia:

European Union itself refers only to "Kosovo*", (not Serbia) with an asterisked footnote containing the text agreed to by the BelgradeĖPristina negotiations: "This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo Declaration of Independence."
Old 11-01-2015, 09:58 AM
TE Expert

Default No answer

Would it be too much to expect a reply to my enquiry?
Old 11-01-2015, 11:19 AM

Hi Chris,

It is not "too much", it is never "too much" for the last 12 years...

But I just can't answer. I can correct a location when it is at the wrong place but I can't add any new regions or countries or any other data... It is to the admins & techteam to do that. Sorry!

Amicalement - Viviane

Tags
lieux, locations