Notices

Old 01-29-2007, 03:55 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: The purpose of points ......... again

bizarre!!!
Old 01-29-2007, 04:10 AM
TE Newbie

I had a similar experience on TrekLens. I questioned why one of the "gods" of TrekLens was so quick to perform workshops on others' photos, but never allowed them to be done on her own. I was hit with a scathing private e-mail from her and now just avoid the prima donna.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:18 AM
TE Expert

This is turning in to a soap opera........what have I been missing!!???

Keep snapping!! Keep happy!! Avoid Prima donnas of either gender!.....good advice!

best wishes Kev
Old 01-29-2007, 07:13 AM
TE Junior Member

Oh boy. We know we're talking about a "she", we know she's on TL and a TL goddess. I wonder what's next.
Can't wait for next week's episode.

I can't believe it got so serious you had to change nickname...that's pretty weird eh...
Old 01-29-2007, 02:17 PM
TE Newbie

I'm surprised that so many people have got into serious trouble in TL - hatemail and so on.
Did you at least report it? TOS p.12: "Profanity, insults, and rude comments are not permitted on TrekEarth. Retribution is not acceptable. Email ombudsman@trekearth.com to complain about rude critiques or forum messages."
Old 01-31-2007, 07:48 PM
TE Expert

Since ancient Phoenicians invented the money, I used to scoff at THEM for not inventing a lot of it…!!!!!
Now, when I am a member of TE community, I have to re-direct my hate toward Adam Silverman…
Why the bloody hell you didn't invent enough points, eh ?
Mister…!!!!
----------------------------

George

(:-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Old 02-01-2007, 12:17 AM
TE Expert

Folks - the thing you need to know about George is....well......he has a point....in fact if you watch him closely.....he actually does have lots of points.......when the point giving out was being done....he got done more than most......George makes a point out of everything.....he is the point maker extraordinairre on TE.......OK - FACT.

Now that we have established that as undeniable......now that we know that to be an inescapable truth.....now....that's when we've got to have a debate about the value of points....

.....so let's have a debate about the value of George's points.....which end is he talking out of.......which end are we listening with......and if you are not laughing with me and George at this stage ......well honies you gone and missed the POINT!!

Love you to bits G ------just as much as you hate Adam right now......your logic is impeccable!! How is life on Mars?

bw KEv

;-))))) ))))))))) )) )))))))))
Old 02-01-2007, 01:43 AM
TE Senior Member

You guys are just delirious. Only both of you to make me laugh before I call this day off. I would happily discuss the value of George's points but the Ultimate Truth (yes, with capital letters) is always a boring theme for a healthy discussion. Truth always wins...

But infinite points, wow, that's an awesome idea!!! Probably Adam can put them on eBay for us to buy. And I can sell mine too. Let the bidding start. Ah, before that, points of mine issued by George are rarities and may have a slightly increase on its face value. Thanks for understanding.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:29 AM
TE Senior Member

You know, Kev's got a point...
Old 03-14-2010, 06:16 PM
TE Newbie

This is true for any social/blogging/photo-posting internet site.

Once, I was an active member in flickr.com when I used to get many accolades. When I limited my activity to just posting photos, nos of visitors and accolades dried out.