To macondo: Noise - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great macondo 2006-12-15 8:08

Well, I like the slightly grainy b/w finish on this one, and the perspective effect of you position in relation to the sign. Just one lonely person on the end of the jetty would be great, but you can't have everything. Your camera has anti-shake so you got a pretty sharp image with your slowish shutter speed here. I'm thinking of getting a DSLR in the new year, and this is one of the cameras I'm interested in, along with Pentax K10D. It's done a good job of this shot; you can put the noise down to the low light. You could probably get rid of most of it with Neat Image, but it looks fine like it is, emphasising the bleakness. Good work. Now I'm going to have a look at some more of your shots to see what the Sony can do.
Regards,
Andrew

Old 12-16-2006, 01:51 AM
TE Newbie

Default To macondo: Noise

Hi Andrew
Thanks for your comment. The original picture (maybe I'll post it as a workshop) was actually quite clear. i.e. had no noise. I added some noise in Photoshop - mainly because I've seen other people do that with their black and white shots and liked the effect:)
It didn't work as well as I hoped....
Anyway, I haven't got many shots from the Sony up yet as I'm only just figuring it out, but, yeah, it's a great camera!
Cheers