To KevRyan: Cheers to the late night comments - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great KevRyan 2008-11-07 18:03

Not so sure about the tilt on the sea - wasn't liking it too much until I noticed it's relation to the angle of the shadows - that more integrated view adds another subtle dynamic to the 'attitude' of the men. It's a very nice 'keyhole' framing through to the guy sitting down - it's a good note!

bw Kev

Old 11-08-2008, 11:12 AM
TE Expert

Default To KevRyan: Cheers to the late night comments

Hi Kev,
wow, you've impressed me : you're a late night commenter, ain't you, Kev... I was hurrying to go to sleep at 3AM right after posting this one when I noticed your comment popping out... ;D

In fact it was quite acrobatic to thread the needle in (as Francis says) for that image. I was doing "silhouette" photos against the late afternoon sun nearby the lagoon when I first noticed he guy reading his newspapers. I was worried he had finished his reading before I came at photo range, then I noticed his mate absorbed in his thoughts. I needed to kneel down quite low to get him right into the frame I wanted with no overlaps, suddenly that third guy came walking into the frame from the right, I panicked for the clean shot I wanted and clicked twice. I now reckon the third man was really a boon for the compo, but he disturbed me and made me click too fast to adjust the horizon. Looking at the shot on the poor LCD of the 400D (I was traveling lightly this time) I didn't even notice the slant. I admit I was happy with the result on the premise although slightly disappointed when I saw the tilt on my monitor.

Cheers
Luko