Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Silvio1953 2011-07-01 12:46

Ciao Mihai, fantastic Italian beauty, excellent clarity and splendiod bright colors, very well done my friend, have a good week end, ciao Silvio

Old 07-03-2011, 06:27 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To bmukherjee: Thanks

Thanks Biswaroop for your words.

Does not the questioning breaks the faith. Unconditional embracing is essential to feel the essence in my opinion. Only then we will have wise questions rather than doubts at first.

Thanks again..
Old 07-03-2011, 08:34 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi Tushar,

That is an interesting point.

But the trouble with unconditionally embracing anything is that it often blinds people from making the wise questions. For example: the Hindu Caste system, Christian disbelief in scientific knowledge, and the Islamic sharia law. In each case, people have unconditionally embraced something that is wrong.

Immersing oneself in a concept is one thing. Believing it without rationale and logic is another. Although I am an atheist, I do agree with your idea that the only way to ask wise questions about anything is to understand it deeply. Faith is sadly the purposeful suspension of logic...to this day I have not seen a single wise thought in faith. Even our Upanishads are based on simple logical questioning about the position of the self in the universe. Tat tvam asi is about self identification with the universe, not irrational belief in a mental construct.

Cheers,
Biswaroop
Old 07-03-2011, 08:36 PM
TE Junior Member

But really, this is an interesting thread - I wonder if anyone else is interested in pitching in. Even though it's not about photography, it's something that involves the thoughts of the photographer.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:53 AM
TE Junior Member

Aha..Nice explainations.. Good to see them.

I only believe in indulgence and embracing to the core and then questioning the ares which raises curiosity or gives me pain or I simply find which are illogical. Well can say I am developing my own philosophy by my own experiences as I rarely have read any of the religious artifacts.
hmmm... Science.... well it has questioned a lot of sweet things too..like love and emotions and connected it to enzymes and chemicals in brains.
Don't you think if we over analyze and put everything under an electron microscope it looks pessimistic, dark and full of imperfections.

Thanks for the energy and enthu to reply..