To Royaldevon: no people - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Royaldevon 2020-01-05 6:26

Hello Mariusz,

I read your notes with interest.
I reflected on my own situation and realised that I try to make my photograph the finished form, even with my modern camera, or my phone. I change very little, when processing the shots other than perhaps correcting a slight lens distortion.
What I do think is indicative in your photographs is the attempt to capture scenes without people. I know when I began to be more dedicated to recording places on camera, I used to wait until the figures had moved out of shot. It was the fashion. Now, I wait until they are in shot!
This is a fine scan and shows the building very clearly.
The composition is also good.
But I found myself thinking, where are the customers!

My warm regards,
Bev :-)

Old 01-05-2020, 05:03 PM
TE Expert

Default To Royaldevon: no people

Hi Bev,
you are right. These photos were taken on Sunday. On the working day the place is full but I came there on Sunday and it was quite empty.
In general I still prefer photos without people. I like people but only if they are arranged in the scene nicely but most of the time it is hard to get so I prefer in the end to avoid them.
Regarding the composition... in the past I really tried to save money on prints so when I already had a picture of a campus I didn't take my camera there anymore. Quite sad because some of them could be improved... Nowadays of course I would probably take my camera with me all the time to have as many photo opportunities as possible. Students on UCLA campus would be such a great theme especially with girls in the pink JUICY sportswear...
Kind regards,
M