To pamastro: Losing ground... - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Great pamastro 2005-11-14 13:41

Well I don't mind that we see green because that is my favorite color. Especially when rich and alive in nature like this green. This view offers a very good minimalist feel on the landscape. And I tend to think of minimalism and the Scandinavian nations together. So perhaps the environment was a model, just as Ebbe's northern landscapes also show.

But back to this specifically. The dark spring field contrasts very well, along with the trees, to the bright autumn field. And the sky matches both well. All together they form a graphical beauty.

I wonder if you could lose some of the foreground, though. Maybe half or 3/4. Just to give it a longer feel and also, I think, increase the cross line as the sky and greenery would draw the eye up too. At least my eyes. :)

I really do like this, though. It reminds me of my Iowa at 70mph, except with more interesting and noticeable features like the hill.

Old 11-15-2005, 04:12 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To pamastro: Losing ground...

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your visit, comments and reflections to my latest upload.

I tried several different crops on this shot prior to upload - many of them in order to give it a wider look. But at a last minute check I decided on this one with the 'highest' cropping.

However I did not try to just lose foreground - mine where more equally top/bottom - and looking at your "Iowa at 75 mph" again, I understand what you mean. Although I guess that you have a somewhat more interesting sky, whereas mine loses color at the top.

Anyhow, I did a try and it's fully possible to do it like that, so thanks for the suggestion.

Best regards,

Kaj

P.S: Did you miss my previous upload? I'd be interested in your reflections, not so much on the shot, as on the architecture...