Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 05:24 AM
TE Senior Member

" Please don't suggest changes which will cost money as those are unlikely to be progressed by the site owners"

That, right there, is the problem. All changes cost money!

My sense is that the owners will continue letting the site decline until such time as the revenue is less than the operating costs, then...
Old 07-09-2015, 06:26 AM
TE Expert

Default Easy down

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
" Please don't suggest changes which will cost money as those are unlikely to be progressed by the site owners"

That, right there, is the problem. All changes cost money!

My sense is that the owners will continue letting the site decline until such time as the revenue is less than the operating costs, then...
I have not talked about changes Trekearth site, just a coolest moderators behavior vis-à-vis members
Former members who left had done a great job by organizing rallies and meetings, there was a friendly atmosphere that has now disappeared
Old 07-09-2015, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didi View Post
... just a coolest moderators behavior vis-à-vis members
Je commence à en avoir assez de vos remarques sur les modérateurs, Saïd! Vous en étiez un pas très "cool" envers justement une des membres seniors pleine de talent, rappelez-vous et ne faites pas l'innocent!

Viviane
Old 07-09-2015, 07:29 AM
TE Expert

I looked also at the sister sites, TrekLens and TrekNature. it is even worse. Up to now in 2015, on Treklens were posted around 2200 photos, it means on average 11 pictures. Even not one page in a day! Slightly better in Treknature. in 2015 - 2268 pictures. In November 2014 - 468, in December - 414. Also not enough for one page a day. And very few critiques and pictures of rather poor quality
I am afraid it is the future of TE. Can something be done?
Emka
Old 07-09-2015, 08:13 AM
TE Expert

Default J'arrêete le forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porteplume View Post
Je commence à en avoir assez de vos remarques sur les modérateurs, Saïd! Vous en étiez un pas très "cool" envers justement une des membres seniors pleine de talent, rappelez-vous et ne faites pas l'innocent!

Viviane
Censure et pas de liberté d'expression deux causes essentielles à la diminution du taux de présence
Je ne discuterai plus dans le forum
Old 07-09-2015, 08:27 AM

* Mon dernier mot ici:
Et moi je ne citerai donc pas le nombre de discussions sur ce même forum que vous avez personnellement supprimées...
Old 07-09-2015, 09:23 AM
TE Expert

It is a bit strange. In this discussion it is more about the owners of the site that are not interested in any new ideas to make the site more attractive. During all these years there were only two changes; the new www site and the possibility of posting bigger photos.
I show the bare numbers, with short comment. The numbers do not lie! It is the fact that many members left the side by various reasons, and one of them were strict rules. I can see on the Forum site that there are seven moderators here: danielswalsh, fanni, Keitht, macondo, Moderator, Porteplume, UlfE. I have read many times that the decisions are made together.
So why Viviane you take it so personally?
Emka

Last edited by emka; 07-09-2015 at 09:36 AM.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:36 AM

Hi Malgorzata,

Thank you for participating, you must know that I really appreciate your feedback. It has always been honest - even if it sometimes sounds tough to me - but well... It is our job to accept and cope with it.

In this particularly thread we (the complete Mod team) are accused by someone who was once a moderator and has been set out of the team because of his untolerant acts. I don't want to discuss further that matter but I would never have begin to talk about it on a forum if he hadn't try twice in the last few months to start threads about OUR intolerance.

* May I know how you it is possible that you know all the names of the moderators while some of them always have wanted an absolute "incognito"? It is not alright, these persons have been assured they can moderate without anybody would know about it and still somebody can reveal here their identity... I feel very sorry about that.

Viviane
Old 07-09-2015, 09:41 AM

Hi Malga,
Oops! I just saw why... And I have the answer to my last question, I always assumed one of our moderators did not want to be known as a moderator...
Consider my last question as a fault my side...
Old 07-09-2015, 09:50 AM
TE Expert

Hi Viviane.
How I know the names? It is not secret. When I open the main site on the Forum, under the table is the the link View Forum Leaders and there are names of Administrators (nine persons) and Super Moderators. Probably it is not updated.

Other interesting point there is:
Currently Active Users: 55 (3 members and 52 guests)
View Who's Online
Most users ever online was 1,091, 02-13-2011 at 05:15 PM.
emka, holmertz, ktanska

It also should be interesting to the owners because probably the guests create income. Very often when I look there I am the only member.

I am very worried about the situation, I am addicted to this site, but I have no hope for the change.

best regards Malgo
Closed Thread