Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 09-04-2009, 02:33 AM
TE Newbie

Default How do I prevent theft of my photos from TE ?

I've been uploading 450 x 300 ppi images. Someone commented they are too small. Other than watermarking the images, is there a setting on TE to prevent the "right click/save picture as" browser function? I've been a victim of theft many times, usually by webmasters who use the images in the size shown on my website or smaller. I know there's no real way to stop it, with screen capture it's still gonna happen, but why make it easy for thieves? Any suggestions?
Old 09-04-2009, 02:59 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: How do I prevent theft of my photos from TE ?

Hi Tim;

Very simply put- the only way to prevent someone from stealing your photos is to simply not post them on the internet. Even if the right click/ save option is disabled, you can STILL steal the image simply by going 'Print Screen'.

- Watermark the image
- Lower the resolution to 72 DPI (making it harder to make the image any larger without losing quality).

That's really the only way Tim.

Best of luck,
- Dan
Old 04-15-2015, 04:01 PM
TE Newbie

Thumbs down Pintrest enabled by default?when?

You did not answer my previous email sent 04/13/15. By automatically enabling Pintrest and other social media sharing websites, you have cost me thousands of dollars in lost revenues. You never sent an email informing me you were doing this, you just did it without notification and therefore are giving away everyone's photos, for free. That is the public perception. Commercial businesses and even the United States Navy, have repainted - stolen - photos from my Trek Earth pages.You have made a mistake. Photographer's art is now being used worldwide by "pinning" and the users claim it is free art. Why did you do this? you have ruined Trek Earth. I have removed my photos from TE. PLEASE RESPOND.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaphotog1 View Post
You did not answer my previous email sent 04/13/15. By automatically enabling Pintrest and other social media sharing websites, you have cost me thousands of dollars in lost revenues. You never sent an email informing me you were doing this, you just did it without notification and therefore are giving away everyone's photos, for free. That is the public perception. Commercial businesses and even the United States Navy, have repainted - stolen - photos from my Trek Earth pages.You have made a mistake. Photographer's art is now being used worldwide by "pinning" and the users claim it is free art. Why did you do this? you have ruined Trek Earth. I have removed my photos from TE. PLEASE RESPOND.
This discussion occurred nearly 3 years ago.

http://www.trekearth.com/forums/show...5&postcount=23
Old 04-20-2015, 10:28 PM
TE Senior Member

Cool Re: how do I prevent theft of my photos from TE?

DON'T POST YOUR PHOTOS ON TE!!!!!!!

Does everything in your 'world' have a dollar value? Get a life!
Oh! and if your photos are "worth" thousands of dollars, why the hell are you posting them on the net?

Well, I suppose you had better do the right American thing, and sue TE for millions of dollars for the thousands they have lost you!

Easy comeÖÖ..easy go!