Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great mkamionka 2018-01-14 13:25

Ciao Donato,
is that you?
Nice to see that you are here again. So many great photographers and good friends are gone, everybody who gets back is so welcome.
Fantastic cloud pattern indeed.
Looking forward to seeing you around,
M

Old 01-15-2018, 07:27 AM
TE Expert

Default To mkamionka: Yes, it's me (:-)

Hello Mariusz,

happy to hear from you! Yes, it's me again (but I don't know for how long... (:-)
I posted one photo because I wanted to show it to a far away friend and I found myself involved again in TE... (:-)

Yes, many good photographers have left TE, they felt like myself that it was time to explore new horizons. There are a few better photographic sites, more popular, more modern, with much more registered members. Flickr or 500px for instance are two of those. You can find fantastic photos there... and yet I think that TE has still an important function: it's a school, it teaches you to be accurate when posting a photo and giving the necessary informations (a thing almost nobody does in those sites) and it teaches you to evaluate properly a photo and to write meaningful critiques. It educate you to discipline and culture. But today very few people know the advantages of discipline and all want to be anarchist artist. (:-) But most of them lack the human touch.

Tags
discipline, human touch., photographic websites