To jcpix: LOTS of dodging! - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great JCG 2010-11-17 22:15

Hello Achim,

This jaguar (not gepard) on its tree is superb and phlegmatic, not so much on your additional photograph which seems ready to spring up on you !!! A nice photograph on wild life in the Africain savannah. I like very much the quality of picture, thank you Achim.

With all my friendships and a very good day,

Jean-Charles

Old 10-30-2013, 02:48 PM
TE Senior Member

Red face To jcpix: LOTS of dodging!

You are 100% correct -- I dodged this image A LOT. I hope my PP skills have progressed since the time I did this. One of the benefits of my involvement here has been to exercise and learn PP techniques, and this set of shots needed a lot -- the old Panasonic had an on-camera flash (ugh) and on this night, I found myself with the dilemma of shooting wide-open at 1/30 or 1/15, or using the flash. I tried both, and I think the flash produced better results, but with all the attendant flaws of that method.

I enjoy your reaction to the shot, the model, and the holiday. Dia de los Muertos often evokes confusion among gringos, but you've nailed it -- it's all about remembering family and friends, in a land where, for 500 years, life has been hard, dangerous, and sometimes short.

Best regards!

Russ
Austin, Texas

Last edited by EstudioChispa; 10-30-2013 at 02:50 PM.