To sabyasachi_d: how green is your smilie... - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Needs Improvement sabyasachi_d 2007-10-22 23:49

hmmm......
animesh, I think u expect an honest critique, so here i go...
u have not violated anything in my opinion. but i will crown you as King Nero!!
u have a picnic when the city is burning?? people losing their homes??
u sound sad, but not in your photo!! and if you are so sympathetic with what's happening around you then show us that?? why this commonplace picnic with a very drab setting??
u tell the whole story in your note, but unless u had written the words no one would have understood what on earth made u(a promsing TEian, honestly) post this crap??
AND THAT UNUSUALLY THICK FRAME?? anything suggestive there?? cant make out but it aint looking good man!!
this will have a thumbs down from me.

ps: on a second thought i removed the smiley. i should not set bad examples in TE, coz there are ppl who give away smileys liberally, or expect them for just about anything.
should have written earlier, but i forgot the whole tragedy. hope u get back 2 normalcy asap. :) no hard feelings i hope for the note.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:36 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To sabyasachi_d: how green is your smilie...

i guess its not drab when you think about it...provided you can think..

guess, we're all too programmed to think in a certain way when images of destruction and suffering are thought of...in doing so sometimes we fail to grow in our imagination...and miss the ironies completely....

i personally don't think this image should be removed...we're human beings after all...and there is a human side to this story...pardon me if i am wrong...
Old 10-23-2007, 06:43 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To sabyasachi_d: how green is your smilie...

i didnt ask u to remove the picture. but it hardly tells a story if left alone without the note.
and i never said taht i dont sympathise with whatever bad things happening around. We are not supposed to post gory stuff here, but we still can make certain suggestive shots. i know it would probably be tough to get the sufferings frozen, but that would have done the job. and with a touching note that u have written, am sure a lot more people will come and appreciate for a daily life docu like that.
hope u have heard of nandigram? i have been there. and shot so many people crying, or just sitting at the doorstep with blank eyes waiting for someone to get back home. i shot the buildings set on fire, and the protesters carrying flags and 'tangi','kaste' in their hand. but whenever i think of posting them, something stops me. maybe am wrong. but i feel i shouldnt be showing this suffering. this is private.
anyways.....
but what about that frame??
Old 10-23-2007, 06:52 AM
TE Junior Member

you just need to imagine...you know stretch your sensibilities...peace out!
Old 10-23-2007, 06:56 AM
TE Newbie

maybe i cant. plz explain what u found out?? can u share?? let me find out what i missed
Old 10-23-2007, 06:57 AM
TE Junior Member

never mind.. ;)
Old 10-23-2007, 07:08 AM
TE Newbie

i do mind sid
when i dont get to see the other side of the viewpoint. it is annoying if someone keeps that a mystery to me. if i am wrong in what i percieve, i expect ppl to tell me where i went wrong. since u raised that question about sense and sensibilities, i thought i should know something that i dont.
so....
Old 10-23-2007, 07:22 AM
TE Junior Member

i have seen animesh's work for quite sometime...and i can tell you each of his uploads comes from his heart....where the photograph's content and context supersedes and transcends the mundane technicalities and rule-bound myopia ...i do not wish to talk more on this...
Old 10-23-2007, 07:25 AM
TE Newbie

EXACTLY!!
u have hit the bulls eye sid
that's why i didnt expect something like this from animesh. it just doesnt give me any explanation!!
Old 10-23-2007, 12:05 PM
Banned

Just an idea, I guess it is to show how life has and does still go on with its daily chores, celebrations, duties or whatever, even when tragedies are there, be it very close or not....?.? Here it is father's day, it might help the little family to just gather together, we don't know how much they pray, or cry, or don't sleep and are anguished inside. The big frame is maybe a way to "restrict" somehow this, as it is surrounded by sorrow.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:26 PM
TE Senior Member

Put yourself in Animesh's position right now. Is he in an condition to be thinking about artwork? No. He's just making a simple statement of his concern and hopes to see his life restored to normal. You know his work well enough. You're missing the point here be offering a, frankly, pedantic critique. Think about what is really going on here and you may be able to view this posting in a different way. Best regards, -Hugh