To Floydian: Motive heaven - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Floydian 2007-08-04 4:31

Hi Jens,
First time i see your pictures.
You are living in a great area not people go to. Because of that you can make pictures not many people have. The location is wonderful, gives you a lot of freedom to express yourself in these bizar looking icebergs which are very photogenic.
I would love to go there and do some shooting, although the travel capacities are limited from what i have heard. The landscape must be a big wow, just as this photo. Including the boat is essentiel for scaling and so you did.
A wonderful picture which not many of us have...so thanks for showing this wonderful part of the world.
Have a nice weekend, Henk

Old 08-04-2007, 11:52 AM
TE Newbie

Default To Floydian: Motive heaven

Hi Henk. I grew up in East Greenland and moved with my parents to Denmark at the age of ten. Since then I have only travelled there on vacation, latest in june/july. Although only for weeks and with years apart it's like heaven with motives of nature and the locals. Just in these days I have invested in a Nikon D80, and I can't wait going to Greenland again and shot away. It's relatively easy and not all that expensive to travel to East Greenland - the "real" Greenland - via Iceland, you can read more about it here: www.jens.underbjerg.dk - click East Greenland. Thank's for your nice comments, I can tell you it's far from every shot of an iceberg or anything else in the East Greenland nature that you have something to scale on, so I was lucky here :-) Greetings Jens
Old 08-04-2007, 12:01 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To Floydian: Motive heaven

Hello Jens,

Thanks for the reply, i took a quick look on your website which looks very nice.
Buying a good dslr will give you even more space to create better pictures, buying a polariser filter is also thing to consider i think.

Have a great weekend,

Henk