To RGatward: I'm done - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great RGatward 2005-03-03 9:52

Hi Ian, this is great. Not just an interesting daily life shot, but a fine dynamic compo too. I see your Olympus is still serving you well.

Old 03-05-2005, 03:19 PM
TE Newbie

Default To RGatward: I'm done

I just received two "comments" that came with the two point smilies; except of course they don't count as two points do they? If people don't want to award points then they won't, but if they choose to award two points they should either a.) be able to, or b.) be blocked from clicking on them and having the two teasing non-points show up on my page. Why should I see that they wished to give me two points but couldn't or didn't?

Nope, sorry, maybe the site owner is just too deep and complex for me to understand, and maybe there is a control problem. With my earlier concern that only being able to award an "F" a "C" or an "A+" is a silly way to assess photos I think I'm out of here again. I'll go try usefilm and see how that goes.
Old 03-09-2005, 12:56 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To RGatward: I'm done

There was a huge discussion about this last September. The point of comments not adding to the count was hat just saying that you liked the shot didn't really express a critical view, and so Adam wanted to make sure that we all applied ou critical faculties more rigourously if we wanted our smilies to count towards points. He was also worried that the site was getting more about collecting points, and less about appreciating photography. Something in that I think, and difficult to get the balance right. Anyway, I'll look out for more of your Cambodia shots elsewhere. I guess you'll see this from email notification.