To delpeoples: good reading - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great delpeoples 2013-06-23 21:43

Merhaba dear Deniz

This beautiful and artistic photo reminds me so much of the work of Nobu, a lovely Japanese man who sadly no longer posts on TE. There is so much whimsy and melancholy to this photo. I love the greenish caste and the effect of the light streaming through the windows is definitely the most important element in the image. The headless ladies are quite frankly spooky but add to this photo which I would describe as Gothic Horror :) The subtle details in the dresses are the cherry on the cake. I note from your camera settings that you did not use a flash or fill flash. Congrats, because using it would have totally ruined this moment and the atmosphere.

A wonderful, artistic, quirky and spooky photo. I love it.

Have a beautiful evening
Lisa

Old 06-24-2013, 10:41 AM
TE Expert

Thumbs up To delpeoples: good reading

hi lisa,
thank you for your detailed critique.
i checked nobu's gallery, yes he had some victorian type ladies in there.
i had shared this photo some couples of years ago, but in b&w and with much more gloomy atmosphere. now i posted it again in larger format and neat, real colors as it was.
thanks to the gothic horror artists here (don't know why they chose them in re-decorating mozart's house btw), my original idea was something about the beheaded ladies of britain or france during 15th-18th centuries. indeed, this place invoked a feeling as if i were walking in the haunted castles of scotland, and facing queen mary of scots carrying her head on her lap )
i love creepy things and places and used to make lots of dark photos in the past. i abstain using fill flash in any case to give the real darkness of places. the only case i use flash light is, portraits of my friends which they want to share on facebook
deniz