Performance - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 11-18-2010, 04:14 AM
TE Expert

Arrow Performance

Hello,
There is a bug still remaining - sometimes, the pages vanish 2 seconds after being loaded. It happens not always - sometimes.
I'm afraid these kinds of bug, such as the recent "white boxes", may undermine the psychological endurance of members and they end up losing temper... as I noticed these last times, unfortunately.
Another method very effective to undermine the psychological endurance of the members is the fact that each time someone reports a problem in this Forum Feedback/Support (edited by Docarmo), this person is questioned about his/her equipment... when the problem is not with his/her equipment
I hope this helps for a better performance of the site as a whole.
Du

Last edited by Docarmo; 11-18-2010 at 06:25 AM. Reason: improve text, improve understanding
Old 11-18-2010, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docarmo View Post
Another thing very effective to undermine the psychological resistance of the members is the fact that each time someone reports a problem, this person is questioned about his/her equipment... when the problem is not with his/her equipment
I did not know that, I'll have a try myself & forward that problem to the tech team...

Quote:
Du
Thank you Maria, also for your other participation in the "Clearing the air" thread, it's really appreciated...
Old 11-18-2010, 06:00 AM
TE Expert

Exclamation among members

Not you, Viviane. It is rather among members... instead of waiting for a solution, everybody start trying to find where is the problem, checking platforms, browsers, and so on... it ends up making people exhausted... I think everybody seems to be on the verge of a nervous breakdown
We need to reverse this process...
Old 11-18-2010, 06:19 AM

OK, I thought you were speaking on the Report Problem tool... (...that each time someone reports a problem...)
Old 11-18-2010, 01:58 PM
TE Senior Member

Quote:
Hello,
There is a bug still remaining - sometimes, the pages vanish 2 seconds after being loaded. It happens not always - sometimes.
I'm afraid these kinds of bug, such as the recent "white boxes", may undermine the psychological endurance of members and they end up losing temper... as I noticed these last times, unfortunately.
Another method very effective to undermine the psychological endurance of the members is the fact that each time someone reports a problem in this Forum Feedback/Support (edited by Docarmo), this person is questioned about his/her equipment... when the problem is not with his/her equipment
Du
J'ai le même problème ce matin, de la difficulté à afficher la page principal de TE, la page de mon compte et celles des photographes. Ce problème existe depuis plus de deux semaines et a été rapporté déjà sur ce forum des problèmes techniques.

J'espère que l'équipe technique trouvera une solution bientôt.

Pierre
Old 11-18-2010, 05:57 PM
TE Junior Member

Quote:
Du
To clarify, this question is not asked every time, only when it is the potential root of the problem. Many times it is a browser issue.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:40 PM
TE Senior Member

Just to let you at 1738 Montreal time I tried to open a photo of a member to do a critique, I get a page whitout the photo then it is jumping to another page advising the page does not exist on TE. It is another technical glitch.

I am unable to show you what I get on my screen.

Pierre

Last edited by pierrefonds; 11-18-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:46 PM
TE Expert

Thumbs up suggestion

Hello Amber,
Thanks for answering me.
I don’t know very much about technical issues. But my husband has already worked in the field of computing – and I used to hear about some basic concepts.
Maybe, I’m going to say a heresy – sorry if so – but it is with the desire to help.
If a browser goes well on a given site and, suddenly, it stops working well, and the same fact is reported by multiple users at the same time, the immediate conclusion is that there has been a change in the site causing the trouble. Often, after exhausting trials in long threads in the forum, we conclude it is happening with several browsers and then the tech team ends up fixing the problem.
I would like to suggest something, for the sake of being helpful for everybody
– for the users not to be tired of the dysfunctions, consequently desiring to leave the site.
– and for the site itself not to be frequently in trouble, trying to fix problems among an endless list of complaints, popping up everywhere on the forum and on the notes.
The suggestion is something that my husband often said, when he worked with computers and websites:
Please, say it to the tech team that before installing a change ON-LINE in the site (in the software?), please, test it OFF-LINE before, in several browsers – at least, in the most used browsers.
Thanks for your patience in hearing our suggestions,
Du