To Liekje: colombia - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Liekje 2006-10-28 7:47

Now if this isn't "learning more about the world through photography", I don't know what is.

Interesting comment, interesting place, interesting photo.
I never knew so many chemicals were used to make pure coke (nail polisher!?).

It is nice to see a photo that just takes demands some effort (and probably a certain amount of insanity too ;) ) from the photographer. As Angela Martini [and others] say I believe it can be quite dangerous to visit a place like this, but I don't think this photo will change anybody's view here on Colombia.
First of all there are so many more beautiful pictures taken in this country, secondly... this is apperantly a part of someone's life, just like the photos from streekids in South Africa or Rio de Janeiro, or photos from the Red Light Districts or the illegal weed-plantations in the Netherlands.
Let's just hope we can see and share these sides of the world through our cameras, instead of becoming a part of it.

Old 11-01-2006, 09:32 PM
TE Newbie

Default To Liekje: colombia

Hello,

thanks for taking the time to comment and compliment....it really is an incredible process and it really is strange how many chemicals are used to turn a plant into 'base'!!
I have to say that Colombia is a wonderful, beautiful and extremely varied country, with a wonderful population. It also definately isnt close to being as dangerous as it made out to be or seems to be in most peoples view.
Of course visiting a place like this can be an exception although I did not feel in danger. The area was also teeming with Paramilitaries, who turn out be just kids, maximum 20 years old....it's incredible how things take on a different proportion and perspective when you see them up close.
oh well....we live in a stupid crazy world, where everything is shown upside down and out of proportion....and this causes a lot of pain and suffering....

any way take care and thanks for your time and comments.

ciao
osh