To Royaldevon: Composition - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Royaldevon 2014-05-09 7:12

Hello Jason,

I wrote a critique for your photograph this morning and when I came, back this afternoon, to check for comments, I found it missing! How curious!
Anyway, here we go again!

I think the topic of smiles is a great one to choose. It makes the viewers smile, too! I cannot imagine anyone looking at this shot not raising a smile.

It is a well composed shot with a strong f/g triangle, a mooring bollard to join the couple, to make a focal number of three, great f/g textural details and a fine sense of depth.

Mind you, if I was sitting on the banks of the Seine, in the warm sun, with my partner at my side and a bottle of wine to share, I think I'd be smiling ... NO, I KNOW I'd be smiling!

Have a great w/e,
Bev :-)

Old 05-10-2014, 10:16 PM
TE Expert

Default To Royaldevon: Composition

Hi Bev,

I'm glad you mentioned the mooring bollard in this shot. I kept going back and forth with the composition, trying to determine if cropping it out was a better arrangement. I obviously decided to keep it, and glad I did!

Each time I did cut it out of the frame, it felt unnatural and too compact..not allowing for enough spacing on what would have been a rather slim format for this scene.

Surely hard NOT to smile when in Paris, or is that just me? lol

Thanks for the notes. Hope you're having a good weekend. Take care.

J