To EstudioChispa: Hello Russ - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great EstudioChispa 2014-01-24 9:10

FANTASTIC use of the dark background, Ourania! The bird masks just POP!

The composition here is also wonderful! Whether it was serendipity or your excellent eye (I will credit you until you disclaim it), the two hands in mirror-pose are genius, and the fact that the actor on the right has turned her eyes away is quite dramatic!

Great note, too!

Best regards,

Russ
Austin, Texas

Old 01-24-2014, 05:30 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To EstudioChispa: Hello Russ

Hello dear Russ,
your comment made me very happy! This picture was taken a few nights before the dress rehearsal, when they put the good and proper lights on. The stage was the school yard of Ayia Marina. I was sitting as close as possible but still far from the actors, the light was scarce and with them moving and gesturing all the time I was keeping my breath when they stood still or held an expression even for a couple of seconds This scene isn't from the play, the girl at the front played the "crazy" fortune teller who was trying to convince Pisthetaerus and the Birds that she was necessary for the new city they were founding. The director had stopped the rehearsal to make some remarks on another actor's performance and they just stood there listening and waiting. What I liked very much later, when I viewed the picture on my computer, was the direct look through the mask towards the lens. It took me a while to figure out who it was and that was fun
Thank you again!
All the best,
Ourania
Old 01-24-2014, 08:03 PM
TE Senior Member

So are all Greek women that beautiful? ;-)
Russ
Austin, Texas