To EstudioChispa: Workshop - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great EstudioChispa 2014-10-03 13:46

Hello Don Jose!

This is a great shot, and either presentation shows an interesting scene in a creative way.

Only because you ask, I offer my opinion. The workshop version is superior mostly due to the fact that it raises the central horizontal line (the small stone wall and the woman) closer to a "thirds" line. Sometimes, I feel that I am a slave to the Rule of Thirds, and I do not want to be an evangelist for it, but here, it produces a more balanced composition. In the main version, it seems the top 2/3-to-3/4 of the frame is heavy, dense, and does not contribute sufficiently to the composition.

Have you tried dodging both the woman and the main piece of sculpture (the "cross" piece)? I will try to find time to play with this shot and if I can add some highlighting to the woman and sculpture, I will post a workshop, too!

Best regards,

Russ Ham
Austin, Texas

Old 10-03-2014, 10:52 PM
TE Expert

Default To EstudioChispa: Workshop

Hello Russ,

It is an interesting idea and it is well done, except for the slight halo around the sculpture. This and the woman really stand out more, which is good, specially for the sculpture, which confounds itself with the background in the original, but the sculpture colour went unrealistic and the girl lost her beautiful tan and she doesn't need to be better lit to stand out, at least to a male viewer. On the other hand, the shadow on the lower left was improved.

I find the workshops very useful for our improvement as photographers, even if pure amateur and not so interested in "wow/ultimate" post-proccessing like I am, both for who does it and for who did the original (and others also), so I thank you very much for it.

Regards, Josť.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:18 PM
TE Senior Member

Smile De acuerdo! Tienes razůn!

Thank you for your thoughts, Don Jose -- you are right! I apologize for the lateness of this reply.
Saludos!
Russ Ham
Austin, Texas, USA
La Paz, BCS, Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by stego View Post
Hello Russ,

It is an interesting idea and it is well done, except for the slight halo around the sculpture. This and the woman really stand out more, which is good, specially for the sculpture, which confounds itself with the background in the original, but the sculpture colour went unrealistic and the girl lost her beautiful tan and she doesn't need to be better lit to stand out, at least to a male viewer. On the other hand, the shadow on the lower left was improved.

I find the workshops very useful for our improvement as photographers, even if pure amateur and not so interested in "wow/ultimate" post-proccessing like I am, both for who does it and for who did the original (and others also), so I thank you very much for it.

Regards, Josť.