To pudipie: thanks - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great pudipie 2006-11-03 8:31

Rotten so and sos. When did they put a speed limit on NT roads and more to the point what is it? As you said driver education not speed limits are the way to go, we have so many kilometres of road that you can cruise very easily, and safely, at around 140-150 and these roads are held down to 100-110. What does the pipeline carry,oil, gas, water or power,phone lines? any idea.
I love your photo, it is pretty clear for a shot taken with one hand while driving.
Diane

Old 11-04-2006, 02:41 AM
TE Newbie

Default To pudipie: thanks

Hi Diane. thanks for your comment. I found out today from my folks (who still live up there) that the limit is to be 130kph on the main highways (Stuart, Barkly, etc) and 110 elsewhere. that's not too bad. You could probably get away with 140.
The pipe carries water from Darwin River Dam into the city (I think).

Cheers
Old 11-04-2006, 12:24 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To pudipie: thanks

As you say that isnt too bad, 140 would probably have been better but its still a lot better than ours. I thought it might be water, cant for the life of me see why they arent spending the money on piping water from over there back this way. Makes more sense thanso much just running out into the ocean. But then so do desalinisation plants.OK I get off hobby horse.
Diane