Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2018-02-16 0:45

Hi Craig,

WOWEEEEEE!!! This drone shot is absolutely fabulous!!

I've never heard of this place and, before you uploaded your map references, I had a quick look at Google maps but, to say the least, they are pretty disappointing in my opinion.

However, your note and this fabulous image (especially when viewed at full size) make me realise what a wonderful feat of Nature this place really is.

My first impression when looking at your photograph was that this promontory was surrounded by sea: but it isn't - it's surrounded by barren volcanic ash, isn't it? And that river around its base gleams like quicksilver in stark contrast to the deep green of the promontory itself.

A perfect bold composition, fabulous light, rich colours and stunning details and clarity. Who could ask for more? And a fascinating note as well.

Brilliant!!!

Kind Regards,

John.

P.S. This just has to go to my favourites.

P.P.S. Did you climb Hjorleifshofdi or do much exploring here?

Old 02-16-2018, 08:57 AM
TE Expert

Default To tyro: Hike

Hi John
thanks for the FAV, and your positive note, it means alot.

as for the hike...sigh...no, I didn't hike it. Not that I didn't want to, the reason is I didn't KNOW about it!

All that info on I wrote is what i found AFTER the fact. i'm so disappointed. I wish I had known about this story and this hike before hand so I could travel prepared with hiking gear.

I've been to Iceland 2x, and i KNOW i'll go a 3rd time - and I will hike it, just you wait and see! thats a promise.

I didn't even know about this mountain...i just happened to notice it from the main road and thought it could be a great subject for the drone. After droning it for a while I just left.

But now I know for next time