To Luko: Christmas in Goa... - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Luko 2007-12-16 5:36

Nicely graphical fishingscape, my sort of things... I expected to visit Goa during the Christmas/new year holidays, unfortunately, problems finding air tickets at affordable price will prevent me from going.
Wouldn't mind a "Goa project" though... see what I mean? ;)

Old 12-16-2007, 03:38 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Luko: Christmas in Goa...

Hi Luko, yes Goa does tends to become very expensive during Christmas, thats why I ran away from there before the high season (i.e. mid-December onwards)started...backpacking through Goa was fun though..it's a very nice place for holidaying..hope you do visit it sometime...
Goa-project??...I'm thinking ..thinking..not too happy with the outcome...spent most of my time eating Goan cuisine...you take care. :)
Old 12-16-2007, 04:00 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Luko: Christmas in Goa...

Goan cuisine project is ok too... :D ...

btw, have you been south of Goa to Mura-something, I've heard about nice diving around Netrani islands (tiger sharks sometimes), I was wondering if there was something else to do than diving, like.... shooting photos for instance :) ...
Old 12-16-2007, 05:43 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To Luko: Christmas in Goa...

Haha..yes Goan cuisine will be nice indeed... :)

Umm..I'm afraid I didn't go that far South...went to Palolem beach which is said to be the southern most beach of Goa(but there are others further south..i.e. Rajbag Beach and Galgibaga).
...I guess the place you're referring to could be Margao(?), known for the old goan houses you find there....
about diving I found out there is this organisation called Barracuda Diving ..http://www.barracudadiving.com/divedestinations.htm
there's lot to see and shoot for in Goa actually..the churches in old goa,the spice plantations, the goan temples in the town of ponda, the friday market in the town of mapusa..much much more...
..i have this book on Goa called Odyssey Illustrated Guide to Goa by Louise Nicholson which I found to be very useful, though little is given on diving in this book...it should be a nice read to make you visit Goa..I think so..