To prezntime: yes.. - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

prezntime 2007-11-11 19:42

Hello Siddhartha.
Is this film with the grain eliminated (reduced) in PS? I'm not such a big fan of the soft look here...I don't mind so much the dark tones, but it seems artificially smooth to me. Composition is really nice, although I would have liked one of the far players to be facing towards your lens...even just turned looking back. Somehow I find a connection lacking.
The qulaity is high, no doubt...but you've produced some outstanding shots and I feel as though this one is not as strong. The forground is excellent, just something seems a little off in the background...

Maybe I just have to look a little longer.

Chris.

Old 11-12-2007, 03:26 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To prezntime: yes..

you're right, it's been artificially smoothened....it's taken on film yes...
i know i should've just left it as it is..without the neat image gimmick...damn me!!
..only reason i was trying out the neat image is 1) because it's available..and i was in the mood for experimenting..and 2) because my university scanner(which i happen to use)...is a flatbed scanner with a negative attachment..of late i have been scanning some of my old and new negatives just for viewing purpose...which i will be printing on bromide paper later...
..another thing you pointed out..and you are quite correct...even i have considered it..is about the background ..i agree with you..i mean had the background players turned towards us this photograph could have been a little more well directed....a total weaving i would say...but i thought why not leave something for the imagination... thanks!:)
Old 11-12-2007, 03:59 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To prezntime: yes..

No, no...not damn you....great thing about this, you can always correct the missteps. I don't think grain should be abandoned when dealing with film...noise in digital photography looks crappy, but grain is random enough to add to the overall texture of a photograph.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good shot...one most should be proud of...but, I know you want the straight talk not a complimentary pat on the back.

Regards brother,
Chris.