To sidstakes: Thanks! - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

sidstakes 2007-10-22 23:42

Its very sad to hear about this Animesh...hope everything gets back to normal...take care..

Old 10-23-2007, 11:45 AM
TE Expert

Default To sidstakes: Thanks!

Siddhartha,

Thanks! I much appreciate your spirited defense of my post. I also understand why the post can be considered so lame or even callus by some.

Yes, I wish I were there and helping out as some undoubtedly are doing. But as it happens I am in Houston Texas at a meeting, flying to Los Angeles only later today. I will not be able to approach San Diego until at least Thursday. My wife is safe with the dog in a friend's house at a safer neighborhood, with three other families who have also been evacuated.

Our son is in Irvine, also close to another fire, but he is safe because he is in the university, where they would undoubtedly take care of their students.

Our daughter, like me, is far away, feeling as useless and worried.

Hope the fire will be soon under control, but things will get worse before that given the weather report. Our house is directly downwind of the fire, still some 2-3 miles away, but I shudder to think how many more houses will be gutted before it reaches our house.

Regards,

Animesh
Old 10-23-2007, 04:51 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To sidstakes: Thanks!

Its saddening to learn about all this Animesh, kinda choking....I sincerely hope and wish you and your family and all those affected by this calamity recover promptly.

Be strong.

Warmly,
Siddhartha
Old 10-23-2007, 04:59 PM
TE Expert

You know, Animesh, this is where Trekearth feels like a real community (some people apart...;D )

Yesterday I woke up with the radio news saying that SouthWest California was burning, I immediately wondered who in TrekEarth was in South Cal and instantly reminded that you were living in SD.

Of course this won't help... just hope this'll be ok and that your home will be preserved from the fire, more important is that your family is safe anyway.

Luko
Old 10-24-2007, 06:05 AM
TE Expert

Thanks to all of you for your good wishes. We much appreciate your kind thoughts. For the latest on fire, see my update with the previous post, and the workshop for the map.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:14 AM
TE Newbie

Default @ luko

i respect for ur honest and bold critiques no matter what a lot of others have to say about your choice of words. but u cant be judgemental that some in this community dont really feel or treat this site as a community!!
and i think we are not supposed to comment on the situation but criticise the picture +vly or -vly. and that is what i think i did with whatever knowledge that i have. Some may differ. Rather should have a counter point. I find that healthy. but this forum seemed to be going somewhere else!!
Old 10-24-2007, 06:47 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: @ luko

Hey c'mon Sabyasachi..no hard feelings...there are more important things in heaven and earth than this...let's move on to new things and developments...
Best,
AR
Old 10-24-2007, 10:50 AM
TE Expert

Animesh,
this SD fire is so unfortunate really but i am also happy to hear that your family, your house and your dog are all safe so far..

i hope that this big fire will be under control as soon as possible

Take care of yourself and your family Animesh..
my best wishes.

Evren
Old 10-24-2007, 10:56 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: @ luko

:D
Old 10-24-2007, 01:32 PM
TE Expert

hey Animesh, just thinking of you, hope all will be well for you and your family and many of your friends you have in your area.
Peter
Old 10-24-2007, 04:56 PM
TE Junior Member

Animesh

I am in Gran canaria for the past 6-7 days (came for a conference, NOT for travelling) and can hardly spend a minute on TE. However I wanted to stop by and wish you and your family the best. Good luck.

Prantik