Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good tyro 2011-03-26 17:04

Hello Philippe,

I agree entirely with Karen: this picture (and a dramatic one at that) deserves a lot more of a note and description than that which you have thus far given us. I have read about these mummies unearthed in Peru and would dearly like to read more about them but your picture and its attached and very abbreviated note give us precious little information about them.

What were you doing in this part of Peru in 1982? Were you there as an archaelogist, anthropologist or just a tourist? And how did you come upon this place?

This could be a very interesting and engaging photograph if we had more information: otherwise, it is just macabre and unseemly. Let us know more details and we shall be more than happy to comment further on it.

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:12 PM
TE Newbie

Default To tyro: I was simply a tourist in Peru and Bolivia.

I was simply a tourist in Peru and Bolivia.
I was driving a car in this desert that suddenly we arrived on this site
That's was the most surprising!
These are scanned photos, thus imperfect...
Attach is this photo but with less noise in the sky and without the car
Thank you for your comments
Attached Images
File Type: jpg momie dans le desert 800 vers2.jpg (73.4 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by tounse; 03-27-2011 at 05:17 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:32 PM
TE Expert

Default Thank you, Phillipe!

Thank you for your reply and for showing me the link to your other picture (without the car). Very interesting indeed and very good quality pictures too, considering that they have been scanned from old photographs.

I presume that these mummies had been dug up from some tombs by archaeologists - I've had a look on the National Geographic website and I can see references to this place back in 1982. It is a bit strange that the mummies were just left like this out in the open - I should have thought that the archaeologists would have moved them to somewhere like a museum for further study.

Kind Regards,

John.