Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Good ntfeldman 2009-06-21 8:45

Maybe it's the hat, or the stormy sky, but the first thought that I had when I saw this photo evoked thoughts of Gericault's "Raft of the Medusa" hanging in the Louvre (which is one of my favorite paintings). I don't know why - less than ideal travel as a subject perhaps? desperation? the silhouette? color collections? It just jumped into my mind first off. Although the images of the figures for the most part face the viewer in this shot, which they do not in ROTM. It's just a personal opinion anyway. I do not have technical expertise so the processing matters others have contributed don't affect my intake but I do hope the left side of the image is only cropped to fit here and otherwise extends just beyond the edge of the total image which would balance it nicely. I find the contrast in the very dark underside of the truck makes the light on the straw very prominent as to give the overall image a beautiful three dimensional quality. Very enjoyable. TFS

Old 06-30-2010, 10:07 PM
TE Newbie

Default To ntfeldman: The Truck

Thank you for your feedback. I am ashamed to say that most of my color photos (and B&W) are inferior in relationship to the original. That is because I did not have a scanner at the time and used my (also not very good) digital camera to digitize the slides. - This has now all changed. I have a superior film scanner, and have made already some new public exhibits from the result, using the scanned files to print, instead of printing in the darkroom.

There will soon be updates of my photos here with much better shadow and highlight detail.

I haven not yet updated in TrekEarth, due to lack of time, but soon!